Today, I am sharing a quick and easy snack, Bread vada..As in a name,this snack is made with bread and combined another ingredient which is shaped into medu vada ( uzhunnu vada) or donut...This snack is suitable for those who wants to have quick snack and it can be made for few minutes..You can make this snack for iftar too..It tastes crunchy and delicious..Off to the recipe..
Recipe source : here
- Bread slices ( white,brown or whole meal) - 5 to 6 slices
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Semolina ( rava or sooji) - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Onion,chopped - 1 small
- Curry leaves,chopped - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped - 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies - 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain ( carom seeds) - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Cut the bread into small pieces and combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and make into dough..
- Divide the dough into small equal parts..
- Take one dough and gently press and make a large hole in the middle like medu vada or donut as shown in the picture..Repeat with other balls..
- Deep fry the bread vadas till both sides are golden brown..
- Drain into kitchen paper towel and serve it with chutney or ketchup..
- You can also add spice powders according to your requirement.