Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Chemeen Varatiyat- Kerala Prawn Roast ( Dry Version)


Today,I am sharing a Kerala based seafood special, Chemeen varatiyath (Dry Prawns Roast)....I made this dish, when my cousin came to lunch at my home 3 weeks ago..Sorry, for delaying to post this recipe,I had too many food photo in my draft, which is yet to be posted...It depends upon my time..In Sha Allah,will try my level best to post the recipe..I started blogging 2 months ago, response is amazing..I have more than 200 likes in facebook during these times, alhamdullilah..I starts blogging as a time pass,which to my surprise,turns into serious and enjoyment...I enjoyed taking food photos...But I still wish, I have to improve my photography more...Most of the time, I took photo from my smartphone....Coming to the recipe, its a delicious dish which is perfect for biryani,ghee rice, chappati etc..I had the combination with chicken biryani,which I will share later..Do try this dish and impress and your family..Lets go the recipe.



     Ingredients
  • Prawns - 500 gm
  • Onions, thinly sliced - 3 medium sized
  • Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp
  • Crushed green chillies - 2 no.s
  • Red tomato,chopped - 1 large or 2 small no.s
  • Turmeric pdr - 1/4 tsp
  • Coriander pdr - 1/2 tsp
  • Kashmiri chilli pdr - 1 tbsp
  • Garam masala pdr - 1/2 tsp
  • Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
  • Salt - to taste
  • Curry leaves - few
  • Coconut oil - 2 tsp

     Method
  • Remove the skin, head and tail of prawns..Discard the thick black thread on top of prawns..Wash and clean the prawns thoroughly and drain in colander...
  • In a fry pan, heat coconut oil, add onion sprinkled with salt and saute till light brown..
  • Add ginger-garlic paste and crushed green chillies and saute for a second..
  • Add chopped tomatoes and saute for 5 mins till mushy...
  • Add all the spice powders and saute thoroughly till raw smell goes away...
  • Add chopped coriander leaves and saute well..
  • Add cleaned prawns and mix thoroughly..
  • Close the lid and cook for medium flame at 3 to 4 mins till prawns changes colour..
  • Turn all the prawns other side and cookat high flame for 1 min..
  • Off the flame and garnish with curry leaves...Sprinkle little coconut oil on top...Close the lid for few minutes to infuse flavour of curry leaves...
  • Serve warm as a side dish of any combination like chappati, biryani, ghee rice etc..

     Notes
  • Prawns cooks very fast..Do not overcook the prawns as it may turn rubbery...
  • Instead of prawns, you can substitute it with fish,squid and chicken...









No comments:

Post a Comment